I want your opinion on something. Should I reboot my old comic? I cancelled it off over 3 years ago because it got so draining to draw at the time. (I was also working graveyard shift at Target while going to night school, so I had no energy to devote to this project).
Those of you who haven't read it, go read it and then come back to put in your two cents:thebobguy.deviantart.com/galle…
But I keep thinking about the characters, wishing I could draw and write them again. So recently I sat down to sketch them up and start fleshing out a new story line. It will retain the characters but focus on Maria and Blix with the rest of the cast in smaller roles. I won't go into great detail about the new plot line, but it will be just as absurd and probably even crazier than before.
Now, here's the pros and cons to this idea:
- I get to work on a personal project again (not just fan arts)
- I have a lot of crazy ideas I want to get out there in a comic
- I'd start drawing more and putting out art more
- I would probably only be able to update once a week, with my limited free time to dedicate to art
- I'm worried if I get into this and get burnt out again, it will just make everyone lose that last shred of hope in me and my art
- I probably won't finish the "1000 Blobs" project
- Most people really only like my fan arts
- I'm not even the best writer/artist, so does the world really need another stupid webcomic?
- Does anyone even care?
So, please, help me decide. Reboot or let the dead stay dead?